What is Gmail Offline? How to use it?
Gmail offline is beta service in the Gmail app which is built-in function to support the offline service and can access your account offline. By this service you can read, respond to, and search your Gmail messages when you aren’t even connected to the internet.
To use the Gmail Offline app, you will need to follow these steps:
- You need add Gmail Offline app on your web browser. You have to go to your browser’s respective app store.
- For Google Chrome, click on this link http://tinyurl.com/a66f7ut to open the same page. In that page, you can see many things and as well as “Add to Chrome” and “Visit Website” buttons.
- There, you need to click on “Add to Chrome” and another pop up tab will be seen where you need to click on the “Add app” button. By clicking on that, after some seconds, you will open another page where you see the chrome browser’s app.
- If it doesn’t open, then you can go with this link chrome://apps/. This link can only be copied and paste to your URL. You can view your chrome apps from that page. From that page, you need to click on Gmail Offline app which has the ‘M’ icon color in blue.
- By clicking, you will open a setting page where you need to check “allow offline mail” and click on continue button. You can later change this settings. After finishing installation and synchronizing, you can use the Gmail Offline to read, respond or search for mails while you don’t have internet connection.
- If you are already logged in to your Gmail account, it will sync your existing account, if not then you would have to sign in.
While the synchronizing is being, you can’t close the chrome browser because it will lead to stop the sync process. This can be used as emergency mail reading or else. Remember you need to be signed in to the gmail to get sync.