Gmail is a secured and free messaging tool which integrates with other Google tools. It enables to attach or insert information into your emails when needed. Gmail has been common among the users because of its simple and secure interface. It also helps to get connected with other social media accounts like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and so on.
There are few simple steps to compose, send and check email on Gmail. They are:
Composing mail on Gmail:
- Start by logging into your Gmail account.
- Click the Compose button in the upper left of the screen on your account page.
- The New message form displays where there we can see four basic areas to fill out:
- the to field
- the from field
- the Subject field
- the body of the message
- Type the exact email address of the individual you want to message on the to field.
- The from field defaults to the email you are using to send the message.
- The Subject field is a brief description of the message which gets displayed in the recipient’s inbox before they open the message.
- The (underlined capital A)next to the send button enables to use the formatting options for the message.
- To attach file from a computer or google drive, click the Attach files option(looks like a paperclip) at the bottom of the page.
- To insert a link, place your cursor in the text where you want the link to be and click the insert icon in the Formatting options menu.
- To insert a photo in the message, click the Insert Photo icon in the Formatting options menu.
[ Also Read ] Create Business Gmail Account
Sending mail on Gmail:
- Finally you can send a message by clicking the send button in the left corner of New message box.
- A message displays notifying that your message has been sent.
- We can also send copy of your image to additional recipients in following ways:
- By adding Cc recipients: They are often added to messages for informational purposes only.
- By adding Bcc recipients: Bcc stands for blind copy. When you blind copy a recipient onto a message, no one will be able to tell that it is a copy of message except you and that person.
Checking mail on Gmail:
- To check any new incoming message we can see notifications on the inbox of your mail.
- By clicking the incoming notifications the message can be viewed.
Add Another Email Account to the Gmail App
Gmail is a mailing service of Google account where anyone can create a multiple accounts for free. A person with two or more account can use all those Gmail accounts. Gmail app on Android allows a person to use his/her all Gmail account in one Android device. Same person can use another email account provided by another email provider in same Gmail app. Now you can easily Add another Email Account to the Gmail App in your mobile.
To Add another Email Account to the Gmail App in your mobile devices, follow the steps below:
- First unlock your Android phone and open the Gmail app in it. Gmail gas the ‘M’ letter icon which you need to find and tap on. After you open the app, you need to tap on the three line icon in top left corner of the screen or you can swipe to right form left.
- As you see the options in the left part of the screen, you get two ways to add another account. First way is, you will see your current one Gmail address with a down arrow icon. You need to tap on it to see the drop down option. From the option, you need to tap on the “Add Account” section with a plus ‘+’ symbol.
- Second way is from the menu, scroll down to bottom of the screen in menu and you will see the “Settings” tab. You need to tap on it and then you will see your account and an options “Add Account”. You need to tap on it.
- Both way will open the same screen so, you can follow any one way. In that screen, you will ask what type of account you want to add. You tap on the “Google” with its symbol to add a Gmail account and to add another email account then tap on the respective email provider name.
- Then in next screen, you need to enter your email address of another account that you want to add. After entering the email address, you need to tap on the “Next” button. Here you can add an account by creating a new account as well.
- And in the next step, you need to enter the password of that account. And then you need to tap on the “Continue” button. After that your account will be added and you can use your two account in a one Android device with in one app.
- If you want to add more accounts then you can follow same steps again. While you can use one account a time so, you need to switch accounts. For that, you need to open the app and swipe to right from let. In the menu page you need to tap on the current email address and another email address will be shown in drop down option.
- There you need to choose and you will be switch. From the menu you can switch it in other way. You can tap on the profile photo or the icon in the top of the screen in the menu tab. You just need to tap on the profile photo or the icon to switch the account.
After that you can manage your mails and messages of two accounts in one device then the email account is of different email providers.