Your Google Account is protected by the most advanced online security. Keeping these settings up-to-date safeguards your account even more. This advance security gives you; 2-step verification, account recovery options, device activity & notifications and connected apps & sites. Now you can Set Up Gmail Two Step Verification in your account.
To Set Up Gmail Two Step Verification of your google account from web browser:
- You need to open your browser then search for Gmail in google. You will find the link there or you can follow your link from here by clicking on this link https://accounts.google.com/signin/v2/identifier.
- Inside this link, signing in is step by step. First you need to enter your email address or your phone number and then click on next. In next step, you need to enter your password.
- If you can’t access to your account then you can reset your password. To reset your password you need to click on forgot password.
- Or if you have signed in and open your Gmail account, you will see many things. You will see a profile button with circle icon on top right corner.
- After you click on that, you will see sub options like: Privacy, My Account, add account and Sign out button.
- You need to click on My Account option. By clicking on that, you will be opening a next page with some features description. You will see Sign-in & security, Personal info & privacy and Account preferences.
- You need to click on Sign-in & security for further steps on 2 step of verification. In the next page you will see many text. You need to scroll down a little and you will see Password & sign-in method.
- In that box, you will see 2-Step Verification. To on that setting you need to confirm your password.
- You need to click on that, and a page with starting button and use of 2-Step Verification are shown. You need to click on Get started button.
- By clicking on that button, you need to sign in your account once again to verify that it’s you or not. After typing password and continuing, you need to enter your cell phone number and choose country and also to choose which method.
- Methods are “Text message” and “Phone call”. If you choose text message then, whenever you try to login, you will get a text message with verification code.
- If you choose phone call then you will get a call whenever you try to login. You need to pick up the call and listen carefully to the spoken verification code and enter in login process.
- The next after choosing anyone, you will start a verifying. You will be getting a call or a message for the verification code and to continue forward. In last step you need to click on turn on button and proceed forward.
- If you don’t like this 2-Step verification then you can turn it off. You can turn off in the process. Or you can got to same setting and check for 2-Step verification. And click on it.
- You need to login for verification and same verification starts again. Then you will open a page with turn off button. To turn off 2-step verification, you need to click on it. Then your 2-step verification will be off.
If you are using another’s device to login then remember to sign out.