How to Zip a File and Send By Gmail
Gmail users will know the hardness of sending the large file. Gmail allows to send a file limit of 25 MB only. If you need to send the file from Gmail then you can zip that particular file and control sending the file. Here, zip file means compressing the file size to make it easy to store and send. If your Zip file is also more than 25 MB then there is only one choice and that is Google Drive. To Send Zip file in Gmail, first you need to login your gmail account. For that, you can follow these steps:
- You need to open your browser. There you can to open google or any other search engine that you ae familiar with. To open google, you can click on this linkhttps://www.google.com to open the google search engine page.
- Or go to the web address www.gmail.com from your web browser.
- And then log in to your Gmail account using your login details.
How to Zip a File and Send Zip File in Gmail
1. In the main page of your gmail account i.e. inbox area. You will see a “Compose” button at left side below the Google and Gmail text. You need to click that Compose button to open the new message composing tab.
2. In the composing tab, you will see a three space in default and some icons. Beside the send button, you will see a paper clip icon which is file attaching button. You need to click on it to open the file attach window where you can browse your computer for the file.
3.There you can choose multiple files at once and send at once. Sometime the file size adds up and becomes more than 25 MB and Gmail will not allow to send. Then, you need to select the files and right click on the mouse and from the options, you need to choose the “Send to”.
4. Then you will get more options, there you need to choose “Compressed (zipped) folder” and then a zip file will be create with less size. To make it easy, you can give a name.
5. And then you just need to open the Zip file and then click on the send by adding the recipients and required subject. If the zip file is more than 25 MB you need to go for the Google Drive.