Getting a verification code every time when you try log in your account is because of the feature “two-step verification”. This feature makes your account secure by taking your mobile phone number and then send a code each and every time as you try logging in. If you think this is time consuming then you can turn off this feature as well.
To login Gmail without verification code, you can follow these steps:
- First of all, open the Gmail on your browser. Make sure you have logged in properly. If not then you can follow the Gmail login page and there you will need to type your email address and continue forward by clicking on next.
- And in next step, you will get another blank to enter your password then again you need to enter or click on next. This next will make you sign in your account.
- Then as you sign in, you will need to go for the “My Account” and for that, you need to go for the profile button with circle icon on top right corner. As you click on it, you will see the drop down option from which you need to click on the “My Account” option.
- By clicking on that, you will be opening a next page with some features description. You will see Sign-in & security, Personal info & privacy and Account preferences.
- You need to click on Sign-in & security for further steps on 2 step of verification. In the next page you will see many text. You need to scroll down a little and you will see Password & sign-in method.
- In that box, you will see 2-Step Verification and then you need to turn it off from there. As you do that, you might be asked for the login password to go in a secure manner.
- You might be sent that verification code again for the last time to turn off that feature. You will know it when you do it.
So, it is always better to be secure. But if you are not using you’re this feature then try making a good strong password and never share with anyone.