If you’ll be away from your computer and Gmail account for a while, like on a vacation or without internet or out of Office, you may set up a vacation responder to automatically notify people which you won’t be capable of replying to them in a proper way. When people send you a message, they’ll receive an email response containing what you’ve got written to your vacation auto reply.
How To Set Up Gmail Auto Reply
- To make use of auto reply in your Gmail account, you need to login first.
- After you login, first thing is to go for the settings. In the top right corner below the profile photo, you will see a gear like icon which is settings drop down option. You need to click on that and get the drop down option. From the drop down, you need to click on the “Settings”.
- Inside the settings page, you need to be in the General tab and scroll down to the bottom and check for the “Out of Office Auto Reply” section. Within the sections, you get the options of turning “On” and “Off” and also some blank space and time manager.
- There you need to turn it “On” by selecting the second option and then you need to add the “First day” date to get the feature start and the “Last Day” Date which is optional. Because you may come back early or late form the vacation so, it is not necessary.
- Note: If you are using an old browser version, then you might not get the option called “Out of Office Auto Reply”, instead of that you will be seeing “Vacation responder”
- You can even add the subject for why you are out and having auto reply. And you can describe and explain message in the lower big blank. You can choose the option of sending the auto reply to the contacts only.
- After setting the feature, you can click on the “Save Changes” button at the bottom of the page. And then you can take a vacation without worrying about the mail reply.
- After you are back from vacation, you can turn off Gmail auto reply.
You should remember to sign out of the device after finish using it or lending the device to someon