How to Set Up Gmail Shortcut on Desktop
Gmail is an online email which is used for sending large no of file through the internet. Gmail account is need for the google as well.Set Up Gmail Shortcut on Desktop for easy access to your account on google.
The following are the steps to Set Up Gmail Desktop which is mentioned below:
- First you need to open the Windows Start menu and then search for the Control Panel and then click on the icon for Mail.
- Now you need to click the Show Profiles button and if this is your first time then you have setup your email which you may not see in this dialogue.
- After that now you need to click in the Add button in order to create a new email account.
- Now you need to write a Descriptive Name as your profile name and then you can click OK button.
- In the Email Account fields there you need to write about your Name: First name Last name, E-mail address, Password, Retype password.
- After entering all the required information now you need to click in the Next for the further processing.
- After that now a pop up will appear where you need to write Your NetID password, and then check “Remember my credentials.” Click OK.
- Finally you need to click in the Finish button and now your Gmail is set up on your desktop.
The following are the steps to Set Up Gmail Shortcut on Desktop which is mentioned below:
- At first you need to go to your Gmail inbox by using your browser of yours choice and after that you need to copy the text which you can see in the address bar.
- After that you need to go to the desktop and then you need to right-click and after that you need to choose New Shortcut
- Now you need to paste the webpage address which you had copied into the ‘Create Shortcut‘ dialogue and then click in the ‘next’ button
- After that you need to type a name for the shortcut as well as you can use ‘Gmail’ which is the obvious one and after that you can click in the ‘Finish’.
- After that now you can test your new shortcut and make sure it works as well as a window or tab should open by showing Gmail and if not then you need to delete it and have another try.
- Finally the Gmail shortcut is now on your desktop where you can leave it there, or you just can drag it to the taskbar which is the row of icons at the bottom of the screen that are always there or you can start menu, and that’s where it will stay.
- Or if in case your windows version will support it then sometimes you can just click in the right icon and then get the option of ‘Pin to taskbar’ or ‘Pin to start menu’.