Gmail is a secured and free messaging tool which integrates with other Google tools. It enables to attach or insert information into your emails when needed. Gmail has been common among the users because of its simple and secure interface. It also helps to get connected with other social media accounts like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and so on.
There are few simple steps to compose, send and check email on Gmail. They are:
Composing mail on Gmail:
- Start by logging into your Gmail account.
- Click the Compose button in the upper left of the screen on your account page.
- The New message form displays where there we can see four basic areas to fill out:
- the to field
- the from field
- the Subject field
- the body of the message
- Type the exact email address of the individual you want to message on the to field.
- The from field defaults to the email you are using to send the message.
- The Subject field is a brief description of the message which gets displayed in the recipient’s inbox before they open the message.
- The (underlined capital A)next to the send button enables to use the formatting options for the message.
- To attach file from a computer or google drive, click the Attach files option(looks like a paperclip) at the bottom of the page.
- To insert a link, place your cursor in the text where you want the link to be and click the insert icon in the Formatting options menu.
- To insert a photo in the message, click the Insert Photo icon in the Formatting options menu.
[ Also Read ] Create Business Gmail Account
Sending mail on Gmail:
- Finally you can send a message by clicking the send button in the left corner of New message box.
- A message displays notifying that your message has been sent.
- We can also send copy of your image to additional recipients in following ways:
- By adding Cc recipients: They are often added to messages for informational purposes only.
- By adding Bcc recipients: Bcc stands for blind copy. When you blind copy a recipient onto a message, no one will be able to tell that it is a copy of message except you and that person.
Checking mail on Gmail:
- To check any new incoming message we can see notifications on the inbox of your mail.
- By clicking the incoming notifications the message can be viewed.