Gmail is online mailing service provided by Google for free for everyone. Gmail is free itself and has numerous features in it. As you may know, there is Gmail CC and BCC sub fields in receipts field. First of all, you should what CC and BCC is used for. CC stands for Carbon Copy and BCC stands for Blind Carbon Copy. If you use CC to send a mail to a person, that particular person will get the copy of the email only. And if you use BCC then that particular person will receive an email but that particular person’s name will not be listed in the header.
To use Gmail CC and BCC in Gmail properly, you can follow these steps:
- So, you will need to compose a mail first for that, you need to go for your Gmail account from computer browser. Make sure, you have logged in your Gmail account. If not then go the Gmail login page and follow the on-screen instruction to sign in.
- As you are signed in, you need to compose a mail as told before. You will see the “Compose” button in the left side of the home page of your account. There you need to click on it and it will open a tab in the bottom of the page where you can create a new mail that can be sent to others.
- In the compose tab, you will see different fields such as: Recipients (To:), Subject, a blank space and some of the function buttons at bottom. So there you will need to click on the first section that is “Recipients”.
- As you click on it, you will get “To:” text where you can add the email address of that particular person you want to send mail. In the same section you will see the “CC and BCC” text in the right side.
- If you want to add someone as CC then click on the “CC” text and then a section will be added where you can add the email address of that particular person.
- And if you want to send a mail to someone as BCC then click on the “BCC” text in the right side and then a section will be added where you can actually write up the email address of that particular person.
- After completing the mail and add CC or BCC or even both then you just need to send the mail in a normal way by clicking on the “Send” button. After that you will get the message that your mail has been sent.
- And in the received message, it will be clear that whom you have BCC and CC in the header clearly. But the BCC’s name will not be visible to others who are connected with this mail.
These were the steps to add CC or BCC in your mail of your gmail. So, you need to use it in a right order and right place.