How To Delete Gmail Account & Recover It
Gmail is one of the most popular free web-mail services provided by Google. You can create as much Gmail account as you want for free.When you have too many gmail accounts and can’t handle all the mails at a time then you can delete the gmail account that is not being used for time. If you do not know how to delete Gmail account permanently or temporarily, then we will be discussing about that in this article.
How To Delete Gmail Account ?
- First of all , sign in to your Gmail account with your username and password.
- From the home page of your account, in the top right corner you will see your profile photo in circle. You need to click on that and drop down option will be shown. From the drop down, you need to click on the “My Account” button.
- Then after clicking, next page will open where that is Account setting. You will get three tabs where you need to see the “Account Preferences” tab. down the options in the sections, you will see “Delete your account and data” on the last.
- You need to click on that text. Inside another page, you need to choose the option what you want to delete. You need to choose the first option that is “Delete products” which will delete your gmail account only.
- To continue, you need to enter your password in the next page. That will be for security and verification. You need to enter your password in the respective blank and click on “Next” button.
- A page will open where you can download the data from your gmail before deleting account. There you will get another option of deleting gmail conversation. You can click on the bin icon. It will ask to enter an alternative email address that can be used for services that you have got.
- You cannot enter the gmail email address again as alternative. You need to check the alternative email address for the mail google have sent to delete your gmail account. By clicking on the link that you have received, you will open a page where you need to read all the information before deleting.
- Then you need to tick on the small box with the information and then you need to click on the “Delete Gmail” button. And then you will get a message that your gmail account is deleted.
After this you will be deleted your gmail account and cannot be accessible. In case, you want your gmail account back within 2 days then you can recover your account.
To recover your deleted gmail account with in two days then you can follow these steps:
- You need to go for the account recovery page of gmail by this https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery link. in that page, you need to enter your email address that you have deleted. And you need to click on the next button to continue forward.
- There you need to enter a last password that you remember. And then clicking on next button to continue. If your password was the same that you had then you will not need to reset. If not then you need to reset by entering a recovery alternative email address to receive a reset link.
- You will receive a link the recovery email address.Then click on the link to enter a page where you can create a new password. After following those steps create a new password strong enough and type it twice for the verification.
After that, you can sign in again to your account. but it could be recover within two days’ time from the deletion.