Whitelist means a listing of people or things considered to be ideal or sincere or trustworthy. Sometime mails which are received are not shown in the inbox. They are shown in spam mail box. You can choose the un-wanted mails to be spam then similarly you can select the particular Gmail address to be in whitelisted. This process to create Whitelist in gmail makes you inbox more clear and not messy.
To Create Whitelist in Gmail from web browser :
- You need to open your browser and open Google to search Gmail on it. Or you can click on this link https://www.Google.com/Gmail/about/#.This link will open home page of Gmail. There you could create your new account and sign up. Or you could register additionally (Sign in).
- Otherwise you can direct visit login page. To head there you can click on “Sign in” bar which may be seen on top right corner. Or you can click on this link https://accounts.Google.com/signin/v2/identifier to go to login page.
- There you need to enter your email address then click on next button. On next step you will need to enter your password and after that you need to click on next. After clicking on next, you will open you home page of your account witth inbox.
- After you sign in, you need to click on setting button on top right corner. You want to click on that and an optional settings comes. You need to click on that Settings.
- In next page, you will see a few tabs at the pinnacle. a number of them are: General, Labels, Inbox, Accounts and Import, Filters and Blocked Addresses, Forwarding and POP/IMAP, Chat, Labs, Offline and Themes.
- You need to click on “Filter and Blocked Address”. After clicking on that, you will see some text and options. You can create a new filter or import filters. The imported filters can be exported or deleted.
- You need to can click on “create a new filter” and a pop up with blank space where you need to enter the email address that you want to white list.
- This is the one way. But there is other way of whitelisting. You need to go to spam box and there you will see spam mails and addresses. You need to open the mail that you want to remove from spam. After opening, you will see Spam beside the subject on top.
- You will see a small cross also. You can click on that and remove from spam list. Or you will also see “Not spam” button on the top of the mail. You can also click on that.
- By using any of these ways, you can remove spam or whitelist the particular person or email address.
If you are signing in using someone another person’s device, then you should remember to sign out before leaving.