Change your Gmail Username and Email Address
Gmail is not the citizenship where your name is permanent. You can change your name on it and even change your email address of Gmail. You just need to follow these steps for Change Gmail Username and Email Address.
To change Gmail username, first you need to login. To login you can follow these steps:
- You need to open your browser. There you can to open google or any other search engine that you ae familiar with. To open google, you can click on this link https://www.google.com to open the google search engine page.
- In google, you need to search for gmail. You will get various results. The genuine result is always in the first line. Or you can click on this link https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin to open the gmail login web page.
- There you will need to type your email address and continue forward by clicking on next. And in next step, you will get another blank to enter your password then again you need to enter or click on next. Then after that, you will open your gmail account.
Steps to Change Gmail Username and Email Address are :
Steps to Change Gmail Username :
- In the first page after login, you will see gear like icon with down arrow on the top right side. You need to click on that and you will get drop down options. From the options, you need to click on the “Settings”.
- After that a page will open with settings. You will get many tabs and sections on it. You need to go for the “Accounts and Import” tab, and the settings will show what changes you can make in sections. In third section “Send mail as” you will see a text “edit info” at right side in blue color.
- You need click on that text and ten pop up tab will open. There you will get your name that is currently shown and you can see the blank space as well. There you need to enter a new username and then tick on the small area. After doing this, you need to click on the “Save Changes” button.
Steps to Change Gmail Email Address:
- After you login your account, you need to follow the upper step 1 of changing username. In the step two fro up, you need to choose the “Forwarding and POP/ IMAP” tab instead of “Accounts and Import” tab.
- Then a there you will see different sections. Inside the “Forwarding” section you will see “Add a forwarding address” which you need to click on it. Then pop up tab will open where you get one blank space where you need to enter a new forwarding email address.
- After entering, you need to click on the next button.Then you will receive a verification mail at new email address. You need to click on the verification link in new email address. After that, you need will be all set.
So these are the steps to Change Gmail Username and Email Address.This is helpful when you have two accounts and you want to use only one. But another email address also receive mails from others then you can use this feature. Whenever anyone will send you a mail to old email address, you will receive it in new email address.