Gmail.com is a free email service created by Google. The user can get to Gmail on the web and utilizing outsider projects that synchronize email content through POP or IMAP Protocols. To we will discuss the steps on how to open and create zip files on Gmail. Enjoy!
What is ZIP File?
ZIP file is created for lossless data compression and compress in a single file. Zip files are used to send email and also for back up. Zip file can be made of a single file as well whereas ZIP also helps to keep many files in a single zip file too.
Gmail has no feature of creating zip in Gmail but we can attach and send to the particular address we want. If you are using Windows 10 then you can do directly.
[ Further Reading ] Create Gmail Group Email List
To create a zip file in Windows 10, follow these steps:
- The first step is to open up Folder where the files or folder to compress.
- Select the file(s) or folders which you want to compress.
- And then right click on the file or folder, the dialogue box appears.
- Then select or point to send to and another dialogue box appears and click to Compressed (zipped) folder.
- When the zip compressed, zip file will create and if you need to rename you can do.
- Now open the zip file from Gmail.
- First, you need to download zip file. For download, you need to login Gmail with your username and password
- After Login, it will direct to the inbox page of Gmail.
- Click the mail which is related or zip file attached.
- Mail is open and there is zip file also and click the download button for the download zip file.
- After the click, it will download when you go to download folder in your computer pc.
- You can just right click and extract to file name.
- After that, you can see the folder or file name. Click the folder you can see the files of zip.
So, these were all about the steps How To Open And Create ZIP Files on Gmail. If you have any confusion left, you can comment us below or you can contact us.