Gmail is a free email service which originally started as a limited beta release on April 1, 2004. Gmail was officially launched on July 7, 2009. Users can easily access Gmail on the web through POP or IMAP protocols. Gmail have their own servers which can scan emails for multiple purposes and also spam and malware. One billion users are using Gmail service which is most of the startup companies. Gmail comes with 15 Gigabytes storage capacity per user. The user can send 25 Megabytes but send up to 50 Megabytes including attachments using google drive. Gmail is designing two interfaces, one is “Basic HTML” version that works on all web browser. The other version is AJAX which is rather limited browser supported. This article will guide you on how to create a group mailing list in Gmail.
Grouping the Contacts in Google:
- Login to “contacts.google.com“.
Open your browser in your computer and type https://contacts.google.com. Type username and click Next then Type Password and click Next.
- Select the “Contacts” and click the icon (manage labels).
Mouse move to the contacts profile picture then change the image and show checkbox and Tick the check box if you want to add in a group.
- Click “Create Label” and type name and click save.
“Create Label” is on the upper side of the page and when clicked on, new a pop window will appear asking you to name your label.
Compose Mail with Groups:
- Login to “gmail.com”
Open your browser in your computer and type gmail.com then type username and click Next then Type Password and click Next.
- Click “Compose” from the left top side. Then opens New Message window in the right bottom corner side of the page.
- Enter the label name in “To” field. Then Select the group name. And fill the subject and message then after complete click send.
The above steps are what you need to follow on how to create a group mailing list in Gmail.
Problems of creating group mailing list:
- If you have a slow internet connection, it is hard to browse any website.
- Gmail page has not created a group so we need to open Contacts.google.com for the grouping then carry on to compose.